HDH Part-Time Internship
Introduction: HDH Advancement Group, LLC, a consulting firm that serves the nonprofit industry, is excited to establish the first part-time HDH Internship. HDH Advancement Group’s mission is: to advance positive, social impact by empowering nonprofits, industry professionals, and those that they serve. Recognizing the need for greater diversity in the sector, the first HDH Advancement Group internship will support the diversification of a qualified pipeline of knowledgeable and experienced nonprofit fundraisers. In our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, we are honored to create this opportunity for a nonprofit professional to receive additional training and experience in order to advance within the nonprofit industry.
Terms of the Internship:
- Length of Internship: 10 months
- Commitment by Intern: Minimum of 8 hours per month spent on work with HDH Advancement Group and a final report (or approved format) that highlights what you have learned through the internship
- Compensation: $10,000 total stipend ($3,000 of which will be allocated for professional development opportunities through an approved nonprofit professional organization, such as AFP, AHP, CASE, YVPN)
Additional Benefits of the Internship:
- Partnership with HDH experienced nonprofit professionals who are committed to mentoring, training, and empowering the selected intern
- Access to a variety of nonprofit clients in HDH Advancement Group’s client portfolio
- Training and experience in a variety of nonprofit services with an emphasis on personalized professional interests
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with HDH Advancement Group associates and leadership to effectively serve our clients, and to advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in the nonprofit development community
- Opportunities to network and expand professional opportunities and references
Engagement Details: The selected HDH Intern will work with the HDH Advancement Group team to determine what areas of the firm’s work best fit the intern’s skillset and professional interests. The intern can identify areas of interest such as major gifts, communications, nonprofit management, strategic planning, or board development. Once the focus of work is established, the intern will work alongside HDH associates on active client projects. Interns will be expected to dedicate a minimum of eight hours per month to HDH Advancement Group work.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Candidates for this position must identify as part of an underrepresented group within the nonprofit development profession
- 1-3 years of professional nonprofit experience
- Desire and commitment to elevate the nonprofit profession through professional development and training
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access within the nonprofit development community
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Proven interest in collaboration and innovation
- 2 professional references
Application and Selection Process: HDH Advancement Group is working closely with leadership of the AFP Triangle Chapter and YNPN Triangle Chapter in all aspects of structure, recruitment, and selection for the HDH Internship. (This does not imply AFP or YNPN endorsement, as this is an independently offered internship through HDH Advancement Group.)
- Submit a cover letter, resumé, and contact information for two professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: HDH Internship. References will not be contacted unless the candidate is a finalist.
Call or email us now for more information: